Resources included here are primarily based on CDC and WHO guidance and are refreshed every 24 hours. Information about the novel coronavirus (the virus that causes COVID-19) is rapidly evolving. For the most reliable and up-to-date information, please visit the CDC website.
These articles are not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Websites to check for updates
The novel coronavirus outbreak is major news around the globe, and the story is developing quickly. In such a fast-moving news environment, media outlets may struggle to present the most accurate and up to date information. Listed below are a number of websites likely to have the most reliable news regarding coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19).
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- World Health Organization (WHO): https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
- Johns Hopkins Medicine: https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/
- Massachusetts General Hospital: https://www.massgeneral.org/
- Mayo Clinic: https://www.mayoclinic.org/
- Cleveland Clinic: https://my.clevelandclinic.org/
- New York—Presbyterian Hospital: https://www.nyp.org/
Experts to follow on Twitter
As COVID-19 spreads, so does misinformation about its origins, prevention, and treatment via social media. If, however, you follow reputable health and news organizations on social media platforms, you can have the most reliable and up-to-date information on the virus at your fingertips. Listed below are the Twitter handles of several trusted health and newsgathering sources.
- CDC: @CDCgov
- CDC’s Center for Preparedness and Response: @CDCemergency
- WHO: @WHO
- US Department of Health & Human Services: @HHSgov
- Johns Hopkins Medicine: @HopkinsMedicine
- Center for Systems Science in Engineering at Johns Hopkins: @JHUSystems
- Cleveland Clinic: @ClevelandClinic
- National Institutes of Health: @NIH
- Mayo Clinic: @MayoClinic
- Massachusetts General Hospital: @MassGeneralNews
- New York—Presbyterian Hospital: @nyphospital
- Harvard Medical School: @HarvardHealth
- American Medical Association: @AmerMedicalAssn
Medical & public health experts
- Dr. Robert R. Redfield, Director of CDC: @CDCdirector
- VADM Jerome M. Adams, US Surgeon General: @Surgeon_General
- Dr. Stephen M. Hahn, Commissioner of the Food & Drug Administration (FDA): @SteveFDA
- Oliver Morgan, Director of Global Health at WHO: @OWMorgan
- Tom Inglesby, Director of School of Public Health at Johns Hopkins: @T_Inglesby